Monday, January 30, 2012

Brandon Update, Dating Back to 2007

If you have followed my blog since practically the beginning, you know in May 2007, and for many months afterwards, I wrote about a young man named Brandon.  Brandon was in our youth group when he was in 5th/6th grade.  Brandon went off and joined the military right out of high school, and in May of 2007, he lost both of his legs due to a roadside bomb in Iraq.  The story is on my blog, if you go back that far.  Many people would have given up, but not Brandon.  Brandon fought, and fought hard.  He overcame his disability, and is now part of the X Games as a mono skier.  He is also married, and has a little girl.  He is an American hero.  


ESPN did this video on him for the X Games this year, so I thought I would post it.


No comments:

Brave

I read this this morning. Great reminder as we head into a new year. You have been equipped by God to endure this life.  He has bui...