Monday, November 28, 2011

30 days of Thanks



Today I am thankful for the opportunity to continue an education.  I applied and have been excepted to take classes, and will start at the University on January 2nd.  To say I am a bit nervous is an understatement.  I haven't been in college over 20 years.  I wonder if my brain will be able to keep up!  I pray it can.  My classes are online, and through live interactive classes, and I will be pursuing a degree in counseling, with some life coaching, with a focus on helping troubled teens.  This has been my heart desire since high school.  When I went off to college, the first time, my plans were to get a degree as a psychologist, with a focus on teens.  My advisor at college, however, thought otherwise, and would not let me pursue my dream because of excellent grades in another subject, which I did not want to pursue.  Needless to say, I did not finish at that college, for one, because I did not receive any support in what I really wanted to do in my life.  

Although I did not have the degree, I have worked with teens for over 20 years and it has been a blessing, a learning experience, and has brought a lot of challenges as well as joy along the way.  I know it will all help me with life experience as I pursue these courses and I look forward to learning, challenging myself, and finally getting a degree.  


No comments:

Brave

I read this this morning. Great reminder as we head into a new year. You have been equipped by God to endure this life.  He has bui...